The Niger State 2017 summit is an important modulation point for Niger State, where it can ensure that, the economic growth is more broad-based.
The purpose of Niger State Summit 2017 includes but not limited to:
To showcase the state’s most promising companies with the ability to create social and environmental impact in the state.
The event also aims to strengthen Niger’s position as the “go to” location for impact investing, in particular, the summit has the following objectives:
- Providing a platform where the impact investment community can share ideas, connect and network.
- Showcasing case studies, guides, information and all tools required for successful impact investing.
- Becoming the lead “go to” location in developing an Impact Investing market in Nigeria.
- Creating new opportunities for developing the market and creating new opportunities for impact investing.
The Key components of the summit discussions will include:
- The identification of viable investments that meet both Financial and Social/Environmental Impacts
- Finding Innovative Funds and Deal Structures
- Understanding what criteria makes an enterprise “Social”
- Strengthening the linkages Between Social Enterprises, Entrepreneurs, Investors and Innovation Networks
- Creating a clear regulatory framework
The summit will further showcase the state’s adoption of the new way of doing business, with a team that will harness the power of the capital market, it is expected that their entry will deliver social and environmental change before the end of the administration.
Expected personalities for the summit are ; Governor Abubakar Sani Bello, His Excellency, Professor Yemi Osinbajo , GCON, Ag. President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Hajiya Rahmatu Mohammed Yaradua, Rt. Hon. Ahmed Marafa Guni, Speaker of the Niger State 8th House of Assembly and Chairman Northern Speakers Forum,
Others are General Olusegun Obasanjo (rtd) GCFR, Former President, Federal Republic of Nigeria, HRH, the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji (Dr) Sa’ad Muhammadu Abubakar III, Alh. (Dr) Yahaya Abubakar CFR, the Estu Nupe, Chairman, Niger State Council of Traditional Rulers, Alh. Aliko Dangote, President/CEO Dangote Group, Mr. Segun Oloketuyi, Managing Director, WEMA Bank Plc,
Also expected at tge summit include Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar (rtd), former President, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Mr. Tony Elumelu, United Bank for Africa, Alhaji Ibrahim Aliyu – Chairman, North South Power Company Limited, Col. Sani Bello, Chairman, Mainstream Energy Limited.